Bucatini All’Amatriciana is a delicious large round pasta tossed in an easy to make 5-minute tomato-based sauce that is finished with pecorino Romano cheese.
Ingredients for this recipe:
• 2 ounces medium-diced guanciale
• 3 tablespoons dry white wine
• 2 cups crushed tomatoes
• ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• ½ cup shredded pecorino Romano
• 8 ounces bucatini pasta
• sea salt and pepper to taste
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1. Add the guanciale to a large frying pan over medium-low heat until browned but still tender, which takes about 4-5 minutes.
2. Deglaze with the white wine and cook until the amount of liquid is reduced by one half.
3. Add in the tomatoes and crushed red pepper flakes, and stew for 2-3 minutes.
4. In the meantime, cook your pasta, drain it, and add it to the sauce and mix in with the cheese until it is completely melted.
5. Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper and serve.
Make-Ahead: Since bucatini is a very thick noodle, you can make this up to 30 minutes ahead of time while keeping warm before serving.
How to Reheat: Place your desired amount into a small saucepan and heat over low heat until hot. you may need to add a little water to help thin slightly.
How to Store: Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The pasta will freeze covered for up to 2 months. Thaw for 1 day in the fridge before reheating.